- Better outcomes with no unnecessary intervention
- Education is provided to help prevent avoidable complications
- Pregnancy is treated as a normal healthy part of life
- Women have the freedom to make choices about what is happening to them and their babies
- A more personal relationship with the midwife helps ensure that your midwife has a sound knowledge of your history and needs (continuity of care)
- Freedom to experience the spiritual and emotional aspects of your birth with people you know instead of strangers
- Greater rate of satisfaction for everyone involved
- Family is allowed to actively participate during all stages of homebirth
- Babies are not separated from their mothers
- About 3-5% C-Section rate compared to the national average of 30%
- Relaxed, peaceful environment
Midwives are trained to recognize and handle complications should they occur. Should a problem arise the midwife consults with a physician who is on call. If necessary, the woman and/or baby can be transported to a local hospital. However, only about five percent (5%) of first time low risk mothers will need hospital attention, while the other ninety-five percent (95%) will birth successfully at home. Ninety-nine percent (99%) of low risk mothers who have birthed vaginally before will birth successfully at home.
Jetta's Midwifery Services
What is Included?
*1 In Home Prenatal at 34 weeks
*Birth & In Home Postpartum Visits
All Packages Include:
*Complete Prenatal services *Prenatal counseling *Personalized birth planning *Family centered services *Childbirth education *Labor Support *Lab Services *Waterbirth at home *Additional routine midwifery services *Postpartum visits *Breastfeeding Support *Neonatal Resuscitation Cert. *Healthcare CPR Cert.